Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Reflection 1

Economics is something involved in our daily lives. An incentive is something that is involved in our daily lives, but I didn't know that it also tied into economics. I learned that incentives can be a good thing and a bad thing. In the business world incentives are natural to use. In one’s personal life it can get a bit tricky. Using money as a motivation to do something can be deceiving. Once the money is gone one is more likely to go back to their old habits.
            Some of the difficulties I faced was choosing my topic. Accounting is my major and although I like to practice it, it is hard for me to describe it. I wanted a topic that interested me but that was still within my major. It took me some reading and researching before I was able to find these articles that linked incentives together in with Economics. In reality I took very long to get this paper together. I went through many different topics and failed to find articles that sparked interest or inspiration for a paper. After reading the book ‘ Freakonomics’ my eyes completely opened to other topics that didn’t cross my mind before. That is when I discovered how heavily ‘Incentives’ is involved in economics.

            The next time I approach a paper like I this I will be more patient with myself. I got very frustrated and discouraged with the topics in my career. This has definitely taught me to think deeper than just the surface area. I wasn't thinking out of the box, I was only thinking of the logical topics accounting had to offer. I then realized that I had more options than just that. Next time I will research areas not only within the topic I want but also outside. Just broaden my resources and mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment