Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Reflection 2

In the beginning of the semester I felt like I was all over the place. I already had a hard time being creative with my writing and when I found out that we were going to write about our careers I got discouraged. Finding articles in Accounting that were interesting to research was difficult.I kept finding controversial methods on recording data, and because I was still learning the basics of Accounting I found it hard to understand. Even then I almost started doubting my career choice because I couldn't finding anything intriguing to write about.  It wasn't till I started reading "Freakonomics" that I finally realized why I was studying Accounting. 

Reading "Freakonomics" and researching further as to how incentives and economics go hand in hand made me realize why I wanted to study Financial Accounting. Not only did this research help me in writing this blog, but also in my personal life. I felt like I was losing drive on why I was going to school and what I was studying for. This regained my passion for my career. It made me reminisce on what it is that I love about my current job and why I am working hard to go to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment